Monday, April 30, 2012

What's in a Name?

Well everything really, when your dealing with search engines. Being in France and planting French truffles, I opted for the elegant (if marginally pretentious...moi) La Truffiere. I thought it had a certain ring and to the English ear a sense of Gallic cavalier...all sans cullotte and Marsellaise.

However, to googlebot and his all powerful chums, it had little value, since in English of course, my key words are truffle and trees. So having got my head round this thanks to a conversation with a friend who has acquired 400 Twitter (yee not) as Frankie would say, followers in about 8 months using her obvious key words in the title of her blog (notwithstanding the fine and interesting writing quality) the light went on.

And so La Truffiere is dead...long live the Truffle Grower and may his omnipresent Emperor of the Cloud - Googlebot please shine his light on my tiny corner and send me lots of interested persons to join me in my quest to grow LaT......NO..TRUFFLES!

No comments:

Post a Comment